[comp.sys.mac] 10 mths since memory ordered from A

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (08/27/88)

We seemed to have a similar problem at the University of Illinois for
a while.  Apple laserwriters were being shipped to those who paid a
premium price.  Our discounted machines took longer.   That may be a
consequence of taking advantage of Apple's discounts, but none of
the other companies that offer academic users substantial discounts
(Sun, NEC, IBM for example) treat us differently from their full-
price customers.

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

rob@uokmax.UUCP (Robert K Shull) (08/29/88)

In article <17000139@clio> berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

>(Sun, NEC, IBM for example) treat us differently from their full-
>price customers.

You mean Sun has 6 month delivery to commercial customers? I'm surprised
they're still in business...

	Robert
--
Robert K. Shull
University of Oklahoma, Engineering Computer Network