[comp.sys.mac] LaserWriter II NT, how to avoid first test page?

felix@AI.SRI.COM (Francois Felix INGRAND) (08/31/88)

I know (I did it already) that there is a command to turn off the printing of
the test page (when you turn the power on).

Anybody around remember this incantation...

BTW, I am also interested in solution to use the same LW on a Mac and a SUN at
the same time (almost at the same time). Like spooling the Mac stuff on the SUN,
or any cheap/smart solution.

Thanks in advance for this informations.
Francois Felix INGRAND                          SRI International, AIC
                                                333, Ravenswood Avenue
felix@AI.SRI.COM                                MENLO PARK, CA 94025

mouser@Portia.Stanford.EDU (Michael Wang) (09/01/88)

In article <21417@sri-unix.SRI.COM> felix@AI.SRI.COM (Francois Felix INGRAND)
writes:
> I know (I did it already) that there is a command to turn off the printing of
> the test page (when you turn the power on).
>
> Anybody around remember this incantation...

To DISABLE printing of the test page, send to the LaserWriter:

     serverdict begin 0 exitserver statusdict begin false setdostartpage

To ENABLE printing of the test page, send to the LaserWriter:

     serverdict begin 0 exitserver statusdict begin true setdostartpage

BTW, you don't need the spaces in front of the word 'serverdict'.  They're
just there for aesthetic purposes. :-)

-Michael Wang

| Michael Wang | Stanford University, Stanford, CA  94305                   |
| ARPAnet, CSNET, BITNET, Internet:  mouser@portia.stanford.edu             |
| UUCP:  ...decwrl!portia.stanford.edu!mouser          AppleLink:  ST0064   |