[comp.sys.mac] MacNosy help???

sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ugly Bag of Mostly Water) (08/27/88)

I was poking around with my friends mac nosy (2.01 I believe) and was getting
errors just trying to access files -- does anyone know why it trys to access
filename.src when the filename is trucated to 10 characters (instead of the
whole name) and then claims that there is an error (-31? -- it was a noexistant
volume error). The same thing happens when you try and quit and save the .map
and .jnl files. Also occasionally it would bomb when 'combining blocks' with
some sort of LIB error that would freeze the mouse. -- Obviously this is not
for the faint of heart -- but I couldn't even figure out enough to tell if it
was worth the buying. Is the latest version more robust?

steve

PS I wasn't sure if this fit more into .programmer or here so please forgive
   me if you are offended with where I posted this.

--
Steven D. Yee                 >>> my employer does not share my opinions  <<<
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!sdy >>> (that's because I'm always right! ;-)   <<<

                There are ways of dealing with people like you.

rampil@cca.ucsf.edu (Ira Rampil) (09/01/88)

In article <1144@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ugly Bag of Mostly Water) writes:
>I was poking around with my friends mac nosy (2.01 I believe) and was getting
>errors just trying to access files -- does anyone know why it trys to access
>filename.src when the filename is trucated to 10 characters (instead of the
	It is an antique version of Nosy you have there, Steve.  The
name length problem was due to an ugly piece of code buried deep in
Nosy but it has been gone for at least a year.  The other "features"
you mentioned are also gone, replaced with a fairly unbreakable product
(even if it doesn't have the most Mac-like interface you ever saw, it
is at least all windowed and menu driven now).  The combination of Nosy
and The Debugger is just LightYears ahead of TMON with a feature list
a yard long (and growing daily, literally).  I think it doesn't get as
much press as TMON because Jasik is not everbody's favorite guy, but th
product has really helped my coding and was worth the price.

Ira -> I'm just and old Silicon Valley Doctor <- Rampil

disclaimer 1: I'm just a customer, not an employee of Jasik Designs
disclaimer 2: My opinions are my own, unless you want to pay me for
              them!