[comp.sys.mac] Results of Dove Upgrade ... and dealers

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (09/02/88)

In article <377@fedeva.UUCP> tjj3901@fedeva.UUCP (Dataman) writes:
>First the good news: In trying to remove the two sockets from the
>motherboard, my local computer shop (Computer Shoppe) messed up the board.
>But they gave me a real 512E board to replace mine!! They now have my unending
>gratitude (not to mention all of my future business.) ...

Speaking of dealers...

I recently received a brand new LaserWriter II NT, with which I'm very pleased.
I'm especially pleased because this came as a replacement from my dealer
(Computer Connection in Markham, plug definitely intended) after a trying to
fix my one year old LaserWriter Plus for over two months (it started to die
just before my AppleCare was up). Apple, of course, gets some of the credit
since it's their printer, but the dealer went to bat for me (and has been
generally very good in most transactions).  They're not always (in fact rarely)
the best deal in town, but their service counts.  (Unlike the place I went
to last week where they asked me to spell Adobe and then asked who makes it.)

Not completely on topic, but perhaps relevant.
--
Frank Kolnick,
consulting for, and therefore expressing opinions independent of, Computer X