[comp.sys.mac] Canvas 2.0 ????

gleicher@REDNECK.PC.CS.CMU.EDU (Michael Gleicher) (09/05/88)

Has anyone recieved their update to Canvas yet?
Any word on when we will see the new version?

A magazine ad said July, but its September and I have heard nothing from
Daneba. I am still waiting patiently, but I'm beginning to get impatient.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Lee Gleicher		gleicher@cs.cmu.edu	(-: Of course I believe
Carnegie Mellon University	5610 Elmer St. Apt 10	(-: in miracles,
				Pittsburgh, PA 15232	(-:        its my job.

--

jackd@copper.SDP.TEK.COM (Jack Decker) (09/06/88)

In article <2883@pt.cs.cmu.edu> gleicher@REDNECK.PC.CS.CMU.EDU (Michael Gleicher) writes:
>Has anyone recieved their update to Canvas yet?
>Any word on when we will see the new version?

The Boston MacWorld edition of Deneba's newsletter states that
the free upgrade of Canvas 2.0 has been postponed until Sept.
1st in order to incorporate various enhancements (notably
AutoTrace).  Does anyone know if this date has slipped?
jack decker                | Wit and wisdom are beyond the scope of this
Tektronix Word Hacker      | signature.

fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) (09/06/88)

I talked to Deneba Software last Friday and they said that Canvas 2.0
should be shipping by the end of this month.

While we are the subject of updates,  I also talked with T/Maker last
week regarding WriteNow 2.0.  Don't expect this one until mid October.

Chuck

dorner@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Steve Dorner) (09/07/88)

In article <898@elxsi.UUCP> fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) writes:

>While we are the subject of updates,  I also talked with T/Maker last
>week regarding WriteNow 2.0.  Don't expect this one until mid October.

I think the authors of WriteNow (T/Maker-Next-???) deserve the all-time
date-slippage award.  The first version was only three years late, and
now the second version is slipping.  I like the program, but I gotta
wonder...
Internet: dorner@garcon.cso.uiuc.edu  UUCP: {convex,uunet}!uiucuxc!dorner
IfUMust:  (217) 244-1765

fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) (09/07/88)

I called Deneba Software last week and they promised to
ship Canvas 2.0 by the end of September.

Chuck

DLE@KL.SRI.COM (David L. Edwards) (09/09/88)

The last thing that I heard was mid-October.  However, I saw an ad from
them showing us users getting a Christmas present so it may be experiencing
more delays.  You should be getting a free newsletter from them every
couple of months.  The last one I got was from just before the expo and
it announced the delays but went over the new features.

If your not egtting the newsletter, I suggest you call them to insure
you are properly registered.

-dle