[comp.sys.mac] Medical Program for Mac...

humtech@ucschu.UCSC.EDU (Mark Frost) (09/09/88)

I'm asking this for a friend, but please reply via my email account. Either
humtech@ucschu.ucsc.edu - for Internet (PREFERRED) or
humtech@ucschu.bitnet - for Bitnet

He is looking for a program that does "medical office management". We
saw one from a compony called, (I believe) CMA. Has anyone had experience
with this or any other such package.

Thank you

Mark Frost (humtech@ucschu.ucsc.edu)
humtech@ucschu.bitnet

joe@trotter.usma.edu (CPT Joe DiGangi) (09/13/88)

In article <4779@saturn.ucsc.edu>, humtech@ucschu.UCSC.EDU (Mark Frost) writes:

> I'm asking this for a friend, but please reply via my email account. Either
> humtech@ucschu.ucsc.edu - for Internet (PREFERRED) or
> humtech@ucschu.bitnet - for Bitnet
>

> He is looking for a program that does "medical office management". We
> saw one from a compony called, (I believe) CMA. Has anyone had experience
> with this or any other such package.
>
> Thank you
>
> Mark Frost (humtech@ucschu.ucsc.edu)
> humtech@ucschu.bitnet

I got the demo disks from CMA about a year and a half ago to look at.  The
disks cost $100 for the demo version.  (I was thinking about reselling them
at the time, so the cost didn't matter, although $100 is ridiculous.)  I
actually got to the point where I had a doctor sitting with me going thru
the demonstration.  The program bombed consistently.  It didn't even seem
compatible with a Mac+.  In addition, I think it's a straight port from an
MS-DOS version, and very un-Macish.

If they have upgraded their disks, then fine.  However, I certainly would
not recommend them at this point.  There are several packages based on
Mac databases that can probably do the job.  I know that someone has
developed one for Double Helix.  You might call Odesta to find out the
developer's name.  I'm sure it's been done for 4D as well.

Joe

--
CPT Joe DiGangi
Department of Mathematics, US Military Academy