[comp.sys.mac] Imagewriter Spooling

raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Eric Raymond RIA) (09/10/88)

Apple, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to support background printing only
on laserwriters.  Does anyone know of any spooling software that will work
with an Imagewriter II?  Public domain?  FTP?

adTHANXvance,

Eric Raymond - raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu (09/10/88)

Please post responses -- I'd also be interested in a PD or cheap shareware
spooler for the Imagewriter II.

royer@savax.UUCP (tom royer) (09/14/88)

In article <14636@ames.arc.nasa.gov> raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov.UUCP (Eric Raymond  RIA) writes:
>Apple, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to support background printing only
>on laserwriters.  Does anyone know of any spooling software that will work
>with an Imagewriter II?  Public domain?  FTP?
>
>adTHANXvance,
>
>Eric Raymond - raymond@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

I use SuperMac's SuperLaserSpool with my Imagewriter II and am generally
very happy with it.

One thing to be careful of, though:  I create a lot of overhead
presentations using MicroSoft PowerPoint.  I find that SuperLaserSpool
doesn't get character spacing correct when it prints landscape mode slides
from PowerPoint -- I have to turn off spooling when I print these.

For text, though, and I use a MacWrite and WriteNow, it's terrific.

Price is $82 from MacConnection (September issue of MacWorld).

--
Tom Royer              Sanders Associates, A Lockheed Company
                       MER24-1283, CS2034          (603)-885-9171