[comp.sys.mac] British software

ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) (09/13/88)

    What is the purpose of the announcements of software to be
posted in Britain?  Why are these announcements placed in comp.
sys.mac?  If there is no purpose other than to make non-Britishers
jealous, please stop!

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (09/13/88)

In article <1248@ndsuvax.UUCP>, ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) writes:

>     What is the purpose of the announcements of software to be  posted in
> Britain?  Why are these announcements placed in comp.sys.mac?

> If there is no purpose other than to make non-Britishers jealous, please stop!

please keep posting the announcements - if you see something interesting,
just ask for it and "someone" will get it "over-here", I feel quite certain...

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (09/14/88)

In article <1248@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) writes:

>    What is the purpose of the announcements of software to be
>posted in Britain?  Why are these announcements placed in comp.
>sys.mac?  If there is no purpose other than to make non-Britishers
>jealous, please stop!

  Phil's post claimed that the binaries would not be posted to
comp.sys.mac....  how about comp.binaries.mac, then???

  I **NEED** the Concertware->Studio Session file translator application
that was mentioned! Is there any way these things can be shared with us
"across the pond"?

  If not, then I second the motion: Please stop!

-ken

--
Ken McLeod     :.     .:    uucp: {spsd, zardoz, felix}!dhw68k!thecloud

iwm@asun3.ic.ac.uk (Ian Moor) (09/15/88)

In article <1248@ndsuvax.UUCP>, ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) writes:

>     What is the purpose of the announcements of software to be  posted in
> Britain?  Why are these announcements placed in comp.sys.mac?

> If there is no purpose other than to make non-Britishers jealous, please stop!

Now you know how those of us in Europe feel when we see `available by
anonymous FTP from xxx' on a software announcement. I guess that 99% of
European users  cannot easily get such software.