[comp.sys.mac] StartupScreen to Desktop picture?

bcase@cup.portal.com (09/14/88)

I have a startupscreen that I want to use as my desktop picture on a
Mac II with a large (1024 x 768) color screen.  I have Paul Mercer's
Color Desk, but I have no way of converting my startupscreen file,
which I created with Pixel Paint and which fills my large screen
display nicely, to a file suitable to Color Desk that will also fill
up the screen.  The "stretch picture" option of Color Desk isn't really
a help because it distorts the picture too much.  Thanks in advance
for any help.

dumesny@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Alain Dumesny) (09/16/88)

In article <9057@cup.portal.com> bcase@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have a startupscreen that I want to use as my desktop picture on a
>Mac II with a large (1024 x 768) color screen.  I have Paul Mercer's
>Color Desk, but I have no way of converting my startupscreen file,
>which I created with Pixel Paint and which fills my large screen
>display nicely, to a file suitable to Color Desk that will also fill
>up the screen.  The "stretch picture" option of Color Desk isn't really
>a help because it distorts the picture too much.  Thanks in advance
>for any help.

Use "!DeskPict", which anable you use the same startup screen as your
background, or use onther picture for your background.   I am curently using
it and love it, apart for the memory it takes (rather the mem the background
takes)  about 300K for apple color monitor, and should be around 730K for your
screen.

I will send you a copy...

Alain Dumesny
Cornell University.