[comp.sys.mac] Adobe Postscript.....

uggora@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Michael S Gora) (09/15/88)

Hello,

     Could someone tell me how I would take
a MacWrite file or any other application
file for that matter and convert it into a
postscript file that I can upload to my vax
account and print on an adobe postcript laser
printer?

		Thank You,
                 Michael

dml@esl.UUCP (Denis Lynch) (09/16/88)

In article <1249@cs.Buffalo.EDU> uggora@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Michael S Gora) writes:
>     Could someone tell me how I would take
>a MacWrite file or any other application
>file for that matter and convert it into a
>postscript file that I can upload to my vax
>account and print on an adobe postcript laser
>printer?

Very easy: MacWrite (or any other application) to print the file. Tell
the print dialog OK, and immediately type (and hold!) Command F.
Instead of actually printing the document, the LaserWriter driver will
write it to a file (that it calls postscript, as I recall.)

If you type Command C instead of Command F, the LaserPrep header (30K
or so) will not be stuck at the beginning of the file.

--
Denis Lynch
ESL Incorporated                         decwrl!borealis!\