[comp.sys.mac] Need IBM 3270 Emulator for the Mac...

stevens@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Curt Stevens) (09/10/88)

Does anyone out there in netland know of such an animal. It can be either
share/freeware or a commercial product. Thanks much in advance.

|Curt Stevens        (303)492-1218 |   /   |              E-MAIL:             |
|University of Colorado at Boulder |  o o  |              -------             |
|Computer Science Department       |   |   |arpa: stevens@boulder.colorado.edu|
|Campus Box 430                    |  \_/  |csnet:       stevens@boulder.csnet|
|Boulder, Colorado 80309           |       |uucp:{ncar|nbires}!boulder!stevens|

========
| Curt |
========

steve@ivucsb.UUCP (Steve Lemke <steve>) (09/21/88)

In article <3332@boulder.Colorado.EDU> stevens@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Curt Stevens) writes:
>Does anyone out there in netland know of such an animal. It can be either
>share/freeware or a commercial product. Thanks much in advance.

Check out a product called "MacMainframe" from Avatar Technologies, Inc.  They
have a model for the SE that is a card with a BNC connector on the back. It
turns the SE into a 3278 terminal, and the software is supposed to be really
cool.  Also, if you order before the end of September, you get one free one
for every one you order.  The retail is $795.  You can contact them at:
99 South St., Hopkington, MA  01748 (617) 435-6872.

I have no relation to the company, and have not seen the product yet, but I've
read a lot of messages here from people asking about a product such as this,
and have not seen a single mention of this product.  I might know more about
it in about a month if someone I know orders one as I think they will.  More
info. then...

--
| uucp:      steve@ivucsb.UUCP			AppleLink:  LEMKE 	|