[comp.sys.mac] Red Ryder Host?

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (09/20/88)

Is Red Ryder Host a shareware program like versions of RR before 1.0, or
is it a commercial program?  In either case, where is it available?  In
the former case, could someone e-mail it to me?

Is Scott Watson on USENET?

--
Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu
NG33 MVR Hall, Media Services Dept.             ** THCY@CRNLVAX5.BITNET

drc@claris.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (09/20/88)

In article <6353@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
>Is Red Ryder Host a shareware program like versions of RR before 1.0, or
>is it a commercial program?  In either case, where is it available?  In
>the former case, could someone e-mail it to me?

Red Ryder Host is a commercial program and can be obtained from:
	Watson, Scott
	The FreeSoft Company
	150 Hickory Dr.
	Beaver Falls, PA 15010
	(412) 846-2700

>Is Scott Watson on USENET?

I have never seen Scott on UseNet and haven't seen him on CompuServe in quite
a while.  The only place I have seen him online of late is his forum on
GEnie, the FreeSoft RoundTable, where he supports his products.

Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.
------------
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (09/21/88)

In article <6353@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
> Is Red Ryder Host a shareware program like versions of RR before 1.0, or
> is it a commercial program?  In either case, where is it available?  In
> the former case, could someone e-mail it to me?
> Is Scott Watson on USENET?
> Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu

Red Ryder Host is not shareware, it is a commercial program available only
thru Freesoft. Its currently at version 1.4a, and is in the process of being
updated to 2.0. Release date is not known yet. Scott is not on the net.
If you wish to order Red Ryder Host, and get online for the update later,
you can order Host direct from Freesoft at 150 Hickory Dr. Beaver Falls, PA.
15010 for $60.

Norm Goodger
3Com
Sysop - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862

rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) (09/21/88)

Regarding RRHost and Scott Watson...  Try reaching him at

    FreeSoft Co.
    150 Hickory
    BeaverFalls, PA  15010
    (412) 846-2700

Ray Terry
MacScience BBS
(408) 247-8307

Mark_Peter_Cookson@cup.portal.com (09/21/88)

It used to be that Host was free if you bought Red Ryder.  Before that there
was a beta version (where I got in on the deal) called Lazarus and if you
started a BBS with Lazarus you could get all the upgrades for free if there
were any more....  Now it is just a seperate product, I think it is $60.  I
don't have their address right off hand, but could find it somewhere.  It is
the same place that you would buy Red Ryder 10.3 right from the company.

Mark Cookson