The Sys 6.0 change of asking the disk's name _before_ initing is neat, but...

From: flash@ee.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
or_perhaps_Reply_to: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk

Mark_Peter_Cookson@cup.portal.com (09/21/88)

Same thing happened to me when Finder 4.1 first came out.  I was initlizing
like 30 disks at one time, and on the last one it asked for the system disk
and then initlized it....  No big deal, but it was a pain....

Mark Cookson

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (09/21/88)

In article <720@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> sheridan@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:
>or_perhaps_Reply_to: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk
>
>I was initializing a disk in Termworks; it asked me to name the new disk; I
>hit a date QuicKey.  It then asked for the startup disk; I inserted it, it
>then initialized _it_.

 I think that Termworks and QuicKeys are generally incompatible. When I
was using TW 1.3 and QK 1.1 together, hitting the "Enter" key in response
to a Termworks dialog caused the Mac to lock up instantly. There were
several other problems which showed up during this period... I removed
QuicKeys, and all was well. Now, I've removed Termworks and things are
even better! :-)

 I do miss Termworks' feature of displaying the actual transfer rate
during file transfer sessions... no other Mac comm. software I know of
does that. Most simply give you an h/m/s remaining time count, and/or
some sort of horizontal bar as a progress indicator.

-ken

--
Ken McLeod     :.     .:    uucp: {spsd, zardoz, felix}!dhw68k!thecloud