[comp.sys.mac] Easy Access

barner@udel.EDU (Ken Barner) (09/29/88)

In article <17834@apple.Apple.COM>, Ed Tecot writes:
>In article <10159@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, Peter Merchant writes:
>>Apple still does things to make their products usable by the handicapped, not
>>because it sees handicapped people as just as vital to the workforce as
>>non-handicapped, but because they are a market-niche and that means more
>>sales.
>
>Wrong.  I wrote Easy Access because I wanted physically handicapped people to
>share in the Macintosh experience.  You have no idea just how satisfying this
>can be.
>
> 						_emt

I doubt that Easy Access has done much for Apple's market share.  I can
tell you first hand that Easy Access makes using a computer much easier
for some people, me included.  I am disabled and type with a stick in
one hand, making "control escape shift #" combinations a real pain in
the *ss.  I bough my MacII last summer because I liked the system, I'd never
even heard of Easy Access (the salesman never mentioned it either).  I'm
very happy with the Mac and features like Easy Access make it a pleasure to
use.  I'd rather use the Mac than the Sun workstation in my office (anyone
at Sun out there want to remedy this situation).  I know Apple bashing
popular but I'd like to thank Ed Tecot, so ease up Dick Merchant.

                                         Ken Barner