[comp.sys.mac] 68030 Accelerators for Mac II?

postmaster@mailcom.Fidonet.org (Bernard Aboba) (10/02/88)

I am in the market for a 68030 accelerator for my Mac II, and don't even
want to consider the Mac IIx upgrade, as it will give me only marginal
speedup for $2K.  I am really after a board which will up the clock rate,
preferably to 25 Mhz or even 33 Mhz.  It would seem to be most sensible
to get a board with a RAM cache.  Has anyone used or evaluated on of the
board currently on the market?  I've been told that if speed up boards
can easily break applictions if they're not designed correctly.

---
 * Origin: mailcom.Fidonet.org, This WAZOO's for you! Palo Alto (415) 855-9548 (Opus 1:204/444)
SEEN-BY: 203/34 204/444

FidoNet:   1:204/444    UUCP: ...!sun!sunncal!mailcom!bernard
INTERNET:  bernard@mailcom.Fidonet.org
US MAIL:   Bernard Aboba, 101 First St. #224, Los Altos, CA 94022