[comp.sys.mac] Converting .ARC files on Mac

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (10/02/88)

I've got some files in the .ARC format (an archival format used on the PC),
and I'd like to convert them on the Mac (there's no convenient PC to do it
on, and I don't have the conversion program for the PC anyway!).  Anyone
know whether there's an existing program to do this, or, failing that, the
format specs of .ARC, including the keyed decryptions?

--
Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu
NG33 MVR Hall, Media Services Dept.             ** THCY@CRNLVAX5.BITNET

postmaster@mailcom.Fidonet.org (Bernard Aboba) (10/02/88)

There are two programs to unpack ARC files on the Macintosh.  One is
ARCMAC, and the other is MACARC.  Both are available on MailCom.

---
 * Origin: mailcom.Fidonet.org, This WAZOO's for you! Palo Alto (415) 855-9548 (Opus 1:204/444)
SEEN-BY: 203/34 204/444

FidoNet:   1:204/444    UUCP: ...!sun!sunncal!mailcom!bernard
INTERNET:  bernard@mailcom.Fidonet.org
US MAIL:   Bernard Aboba, 101 First St. #224, Los Altos, CA 94022

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (10/03/88)

>I've got some files in the .ARC format (an archival format used on the PC),
>and I'd like to convert them on the Mac (there's no convenient PC to do it

  The program ARCMAC on sumex will read PC style archives. It also comes
with a mini-dos shell, if you've ever heard of anything so brain damaged.
Pierce

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu    pwetter@caltech.bitnet pwetter@caltech.edu
  Weird theory #47: Islamic women can do kinky things with their ankles,
                    that's why the Koran says they aren't supposed to
                    reveal them in public.