[comp.sys.mac] Info wanted re: Replacement Mac mouse

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/01/88)

	[ I removed groups ba.general,ba.market as my software objected ]
	[ to them.  I removed distribution limitation to US-only ]
	[ (in case Europeans wonder why they did not see the original article)]

In article <71051@sun.uucp>, chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
> >...where and for how much can I get a Mac-mouse replacement ...

> I highly recommend the A+ optical mouse.
> $80 at ComputerWare, but they're more accurate, maintenance free, and I
> think they have a significantly improved feel over the mechanical mouse.

	are they THAT MUCH now?  I seem to remember seeing some for <$30
	about 2 years ago.  but even at that price, I bought a trackball
	and have NEVER (voluntarily) touched a mouse again ....

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)

atchison@hpindda.HP.COM (Lee Atchison) (10/04/88)

/ hpindda:comp.sys.mac / rubin@Apple.COM (Owen R. Rubin) /  6:05 pm  Sep 30, 1988 /
>I have heard that they are supposed to be more reliabile. Perhaps, but after
>a few months of use the grid began to wear off the "mouse pad" and the mouse
>began to fail on the "clean" spots.

The A+ Optical mouse has a lifetime warrenty.  If it fails, return it.

BTW, you can get them at Egghead Sofware.  The one near where I live
(Cupertino) has excellent service!  I bought my A+ mouse there.  I
had trouble with it initially (spuratic problems) and returned it
to Egghead.  When the salesman tried it out on their in-store Mac,
it worked fine.  Nevertheless, he gave me a new one anyway, so I
wouldn't have any more problems.  Now that's customer service!!!!

			-lee
----
Lee Atchison
Hewlett Packard, Business Networks Division
Cupertino, CA 95014
atchison%hpindda@hplabs.hp.com