[comp.sys.mac] a/ux 1.0.1

jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) (10/04/88)

in answer to all the questions about 1.0.1, it contains NO
functional improvements. it is functionally equivalent (exactly)
to 1.0 a/ux except that we have tweeked the sash and kernel to
provide support for the mac IIx (68030). it is of no interest to
anyone running on a mac II (however, 1.0.1 will run on both).

--------------------            -------------------
John Kullmann			"All opinions and comments are mine alone"
A/UX Technical Mgr		..!apple!jk
Voice: 408-973-2939

chn@a.lanl.gov (Charles Neil) (10/04/88)

In article <18183@apple.Apple.COM>, jk@Apple.COM (John Kullmann) writes:
> in answer to all the questions about 1.0.1, it contains NO
> functional improvements.

                 . . .

> --------------------            -------------------
> John Kullmann			"All opinions and comments are mine alone"
> A/UX Technical Mgr		..!apple!jk
> Voice: 408-973-2939

Now about A/UX 1.1:  has the end of year situation cleared up enough
to release it?  I'm anxiously waiting for color, large/multiple
monitors, toolbox, etc.

--

Charlie Neil (chn@lanl.gov)
Los Alamos National Laboratory (505) 665-0978

jherr@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Jack Herrington) (10/05/88)

in article <754@a.lanl.gov>, chn@a.lanl.gov (Charles Neil) says:
> Now about A/UX 1.1:  has the end of year situation cleared up enough
> to release it?  I'm anxiously waiting for color, large/multiple
> monitors, toolbox, etc.

Seriously, my apple rep. said that they just didn't have the time before the
first release to put in sound, and color (SCSI I could conceivably see as a
security hole).  But this has been enough time...

-Jack