[comp.sys.mac] Finder 6.0 bug/weirdness

  I'm using Finder 6.0 with System 4.1 on a Mac 512KE, and recently
discovered something interesting.  If I'm working with a desk
accessory, and put a floppy in (but continue working with the DA while
it's mounting), the Finder will show any open folders on the newly
inserted disk, but *not* anything on the desktop.  Opening the disk
icon (the disk directory is initially closed) causes the icons on the
desktop to appear.
  Has anyone else run into this?  Is it fixed in a later version?
(Will later versions run on "antiques" like my 512KE? :-)

				Anton Rang
				rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu

+----------------------------------+------------------------+
| Anton Rang (grad student)	   | "VMS forever!"	    |
| Michigan State University	   | rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu |
+----------------------------------+------------------------+

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (L. Greg DeMichillie) (10/06/88)

In article <779@cps3xx.UUCP> rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu writes:

>  I'm using Finder 6.0 with System 4.1 on a Mac 512KE, and recently
                                    ^^^
                            This may be part of your problem.
Finder 6.0 requires System 4.2 (which together constitute System Tools 5.0)
gosh, is this new math?

In addition, the last official system release for 512e's was Finder 5.3 and
System 3.2.  Later releases require Mac Plus or higher.  That's the official
word, I have run Finder 5.5/System 4.1 on a 512e and didn't have any problems,
other than the increased memory and disk requirements.

>| Anton Rang (grad student)	   | "VMS forever!"	    |
>| Michigan State University	   | rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu |

-----
L. Greg DeMichillie               "This is the 80's... I don't want to wait
Apple Student Rep - UC Davis              15 milliseconds"
lgdemichillie@ucdavis.edu          - computer store customer on why he wanted
AppleLink: ST0178                       a 50ms hard disk and NOT a 65 ms.

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.