[comp.sys.mac] Lightspeed Pascal

djd@mit-eddie.UUCP (12/11/86)

I am writing my first application in Light Speed Pascal version 1.0.
I have a program which runs under the Pascal development system fine
but when I build it as a stand alone application, I get an bomb with
error 3 (Illegal Instruction).  It seems like the crash occurs during
the loading of my code but I am not sure. I am running on a Levco 2
meg Mac with new ROMS.

Any ideas on what could cause such errors?  (All toolbox
initializations are being done automatically by LightSpeed.)

Also, is there a bug list for Light Speed Pascal available?

Thanks for any help.

--

Arpa: Djdsouza@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
UUCP: {allegra,seismo,decvax!genrad}!mit-eddie!djd

Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com (10/04/88)

Gee, after reading the ads in the last two months' MacUser and their
"current software versions" list, I was under the impression that
the current version of LSP was 2.0.  However, I ordered it from
MacConnection and received Version 1.11 on Saturday (10/1).

Did I get ripped off?  Do I have to now pay $45 to get 2.0?  Is
2.0 shipping?  Have I missed something?

Michael G Newman
mmike_g_newman@cup.portal.com

jwhitnell@cup.portal.com (10/05/88)

> Did I get ripped off?  Do I have to now pay $45 to get 2.0?  Is
> 2.0 shipping?  Have I missed something?

The current versions is still 1.x.  They will not be shipping 2.0 until
November.  However, anyone who purchased LSP after July 1 will get a free
upgrade.  So send in your registration card.

--
Jerry Whitnell
jwhitnell@cup.portal.com

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/05/88)

In article <9712@cup.portal.com> Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com writes:
>Gee, after reading the ads in the last two months' MacUser and their
>"current software versions" list, I was under the impression that
>the current version of LSP was 2.0.  However, I ordered it from
>MacConnection and received Version 1.11 on Saturday (10/1).

	MacUser is in error. The current version is, indeed, version
1.11.

>Did I get ripped off?  Do I have to now pay $45 to get 2.0?  Is
>2.0 shipping?  Have I missed something?

	No, no, no, and no. Your upgrade will be free - just BE SURE TO SEND
IN YOUR REGISTRATION CARD. Version 2.0 will be shipping in November.

>Michael G Newman
>mmike_g_newman@cup.portal.com

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.

rwi@naucse.UUCP (Robert Wier) (10/06/88)

  Actually, it wasn't entirely MacUser's fault about the premature
 announcements of LSP 2.0. There was a full page ad in the August
 issue, if I remember correctly, indicating the availability of 2.0.
 But when I called and inquired about an upgrade, I was informed that
 it wasn't shipping, and that I would be offered an upgrade as a
 registered user (which I was).  Sound's like a case of marketing
 outrunning the r&d department.

 -- Bob Wier in Flagstaff, Az.
..

dweiss@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (David Weiss) (10/07/88)

in article <9712@cup.portal.com>, Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com says:
 XPortal-User-Id: 1.1001.3387

 Gee, after reading the ads in the last two months' MacUser and their
 "current software versions" list, I was under the impression that
 the current version of LSP was 2.0.  However, I ordered it from
 MacConnection and received Version 1.11 on Saturday (10/1).

 Did I get ripped off?  Do I have to now pay $45 to get 2.0?  Is
 2.0 shipping?  Have I missed something?

 mmike_g_newman@cup.portal.com

They are supposed to ship LSP 2.0 in November. Save your receipt you'll
probably get a free upgrade.

dsweiss.......