[comp.sys.mac] How can you get an external RGB from a MAC II???

mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike) (10/11/88)

I am interested in connecting an extra RGB monitor to a MAC II.  Iss
this possible, and if so, how is it done?

Any help appreciated, thanks - Mike O'Donnell

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (10/12/88)

In article <6778@ut-emx.UUCP> mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike) writes:
>I am interested in connecting an extra RGB monitor to a MAC II.  Iss
>this possible, and if so, how is it done?
>
>Any help appreciated, thanks - Mike O'Donnell

Yes, it's definitely possible, and the Mac II was designed specifically
so you could do just that.  Most video cards, though, support only one
monitor at a time, so you need to install one additional video card for
each additional monitor you want on your system.

When you have more than one video card and more than one monitor on
your Mac, the Monitors cdev (Control panel DEVice) expands to allow
you to tell the computer what arrangement the monitors are in (so
it knows which is to the right or left of, or above or below, which of
the other(s)) and which monitor you want to hold the menu bar.  You
can also specify whether the monitors are to be used as contiguous space
or separate areas, I believe.

Enjoy your second monitor!

--
Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu