[comp.sys.mac] What's NeXT?

jellinghaus-robert@CS.Yale.EDU (Rob Jellinghaus) (10/11/88)

So what's the deal?  I thought the NeXT machine was due to be introduced
on Oct. 10, Columbus Day.  Or was it Oct. 12?

At any rate, I certainly hope someone on the scene is going to post all the
juicy details ASAP!

Rob Jellinghaus                | "SINGAPORE?!?  You're supposed to be a
jellinghaus-robert@CS.Yale.EDU |  COWBOY!  What kind of cowboy song is
ROBERTJ@{yalecs,yalevm}.BITNET |  THAT??!!  Singapore, I oughta--"
{everyone}!decvax!yale!robertj |      -- Eddie Foy, _The Cowboy Wally Story_

jlo@elan.UUCP (Jeff Lo) (10/13/88)

In article <40027@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> jellinghaus-robert@CS.Yale.EDU (Rob Jellinghaus) writes:
>So what's the deal?  I thought the NeXT machine was due to be introduced
>on Oct. 10, Columbus Day.  Or was it Oct. 12?
>
>At any rate, I certainly hope someone on the scene is going to post all the
>juicy details ASAP!

It was announced on the 12th.

Check out any of comp.sys.misc, comp.os.misc, comp.misc or comp.arch.
I posted a message as soon as I drove back from San Francisco (was I
the first?) about what Jobs showed and talked about.
--
Jeff Lo
..!{ames,hplabs,uunet}!elan!jlo

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (10/14/88)

Well I saw the NeXT machine on the news, and per usual the news
never provided enough really specific details about the system
to be worth while, though it appeared to have nice graphics,
no better than the Mac, it seemed fast on the display, this is
subjective. The box itself being black and square was un-impressive.
Though looks aren't everything. I am sure we'll get all the details
eventually. Though I hear its $6500 to colleges and universities,
and $10000 for the "rest of us" and will not really be shipping
until NeXT year (maybe?).....we'll see

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-Sysop FreeSoft RT - GEnie.