[comp.sys.mac] Application Audit?

ian@inmet.UUCP (10/11/88)

Does anyone know of an application audit INIT?  Something that would keep
track of what applications were run and at what times?  How about a DA
that logs your time in a file (for consulting type applications)?
Thanks!

thisted@galton.uchicago.edu (Ronald A. Thisted) (10/13/88)

In article <127200046@inmet> ian@inmet.UUCP writes:

  Does anyone know of an application audit INIT?  Something that would keep
  track of what applications were run and at what times?  How about a DA
  that logs your time in a file (for consulting type applications)?
  Thanks!

Macinuse, published by Softview (the makers of MacInTax) does exactly
what you want.  $42 from MacConnection.  I use it and am satisfied.

Ron Thisted
Department of Statistics/The University of Chicago
thisted@galton.uchicago.edu

sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) (10/13/88)

In article <127200046@inmet> ian@inmet.UUCP writes:

>Does anyone know of an application audit INIT?  Something that would keep
>track of what applications were run and at what times?  How about a DA
>that logs your time in a file (for consulting type applications)?
>Thanks!

There is an INIT called "Private" or "Private Eye" which logs every
application run and the date and time, and appends comstantly to a
text file in your System Folder.  You can get it from SUMEX if you
have ftp capability.
   DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are mine!  All MINE!!! *heh*
  David Martosko                         E-mail:sage@eleazar.dartmouth.EDU
  Dartmouth College HB 2216               Phone:(603) 640-4753
  Hanover, NH 03755

verber@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark A. Verber) (10/13/88)

There is a Shareware? INIT called Private Eye that would do that kind
of auditting.  I think it is on SUMEX.  If it isn't I would be happy
to post it.

Cheers,
Mark Verber

flowers@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Margot Flowers) (10/14/88)

There is a Time Logger DA & Init available as shareware from Loftus
Becker that does a lot of what you're asking.  It was described in a
Mac[World|User] about 6 months ago or so if you want more details.  As
I recall, they were comparing a few similar products and this seemed
as good as any available at the time.