[comp.sys.mac] System 6.0 hates CMS drives, yes?

c60a-2ce@e260-2c.berkeley.edu (Mikey) (10/13/88)

A while back, I recall reading that System 6.0 caused CMS internal HD's
to crash. Can someone give me some concrete details about this? Ever since
I heard this, I've been chicken to upgrade; thus, I am still in the Dark Ages: I'm still using System 4.2. I AM
using Finder 6.1 though. Does anyone know if all the other new files that
are included with the System 6.0 upgrade (i.e. drivers, cdevs, etc.) work
with CMS drives?

One last question, I heard System 6.0.2 works fine with CMS drives. Again, can
someone verify this from personal experience? I have a CMS internal 80MB
drive, by the way.
Please reply via e-mail; I just don't have enough time to go thru
the entire newsgroup. Thanks a lot!
				     "A little coitus, neva hoit us!"
c60a-2ce@web.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu................Mike Kao

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (10/14/88)

In article <15379@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, c60a-2ce@e260-2c.berkeley.edu (Mikey) writes:
> A while back, I recall reading that System 6.0 caused CMS internal HD's
> to crash.
> One last question, I heard System 6.0.2 works fine with CMS drives. Again, can

 I Have a CMS Pro-102 and its worked fine with 6.0, 6.0.1, and now with 6.0.2.
 I found that some people that are having problems maybe using older versions
 of the formatter software, and or have slews of INITs that may have caused
 the problem too. Hard to say, System software usually takes it on the chin to
 often for problems that the end user causes himself....
--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-Sysop FreeSoft RT - GEnie.