[comp.sys.mac] Can I choose drive when downloading files in MacKermit?

sun@venus.ycc.yale.edu (10/11/88)

Greeting,
	I like Kermit's ability to transfer multiple files with one
interaction. However, I don't seem to find a way to specify the receiving
drive. Did I miss anything?
-- Kang Sun
sun@yalevms
sun@venus.ycc.yale.edu

strasser@murdu.OZ (Mike Strasser) (10/14/88)

In article <40031@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> sun@venus.ycc.yale.edu writes:
>Greeting,
>	I like Kermit's ability to transfer multiple files with one
>interaction. However, I don't seem to find a way to specify the receiving
>drive. Did I miss anything?
>-- Kang Sun
>sun@yalevms
>sun@venus.ycc.yale.edu

In version 0.9(40) which I am using at this very moment, under the "File
Defaults..." option of the Settings menu, you can check a radio button for
"Attended:  Dialog on each file received" rather than "Unattended".  In
this case, you can rename each file and put it where you like, or change
the drive/folder on the first file and click "Proceed automatically" to
put them all there.

While I'm here, does anyone (from Columbia?) know why MacKermit follows
such an unusual version numbering system?

Mike Strasser                ACSnet, CSnet:  strasser@murdu.oz
                             Internet:       strasser%murdu.oz@uunet.uu.net
Forestry Section
University of Melbourne
Creswick, Victoria.  3363    Phone: (053) 45 2405
A u s t r a l i a                   +61 53 45 2405