[comp.sys.mac] toolbox on UNIX

alg@sco.COM (Al Globus) (10/13/88)

Does anyone know of a partial or complete implementation of the mac
toolbox on UNIX?  I seem to remember some company doing this, going
under, and donating the source to a university or something.  Any leads
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance.

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (10/15/88)

In article <1491@scolex> alg@sco.COM (Al Globus) writes:
>Does anyone know of a partial or complete implementation of the mac
>toolbox on UNIX?  I seem to remember some company doing this, going
>under, and donating the source to a university or something.  Any leads
>would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance.

There was a partial implementation under Bell UNIX by a long-defunct company
called Cadmus.  The idea was to make it 95% source code compatible with the
Macintosh, so Mac applications could be readily ported to the CadMac UNIX
workstation.  No one did and the project flopped.  Last I heard, Apple had
bought up the software to prevent competition, but this is not confirmed.
--
Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim
"I was brought up in the other service; but I knew from the first that the