[comp.sys.mac] 3.5" SCSI Hard Disk

alexis@dasys1.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) (10/03/88)

In article <4200@polya.Stanford.EDU> shap@polya.Stanford.EDU
(Jonathan S. Shapiro) writes:
>I currently own a Mac II with an Apple 40M hard disk (i.e. bought from
>apple, not manufatured by Apple).  The apple-supplied HD is 5 1/4". I
>am interested in upgrading to an internall 300M (or so) drive.
>
>I also own a Mac Plus, and had hoped to be able to purchase an
>*external* drive that is implemented with a 5 1/4" drive.  By doing
>this, so I thought, I would be able to swap the physical drives and
>get a 40M external for my Plus while upgrading my Mac.
>
>Does anyone know of a good way to accomplish this along the lines
>outlined above or any other path with the same effect.
>
>Buying an external cabinet/power supply doesn't disturb me any, so
>long as I can get proper cable numbers for ordering purposes.
>
>Jon

Don't waste your money on a small drive when all you want is the
cabinet and the power supply. MicroNet sells cabinets, power supplies,
and commercial-quality utility software for a variety of drives, including
the Quantum you mention.

You can reach MicroNet at:
13765-A Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92718
(714) 837-6033

I have no relationship with MicroNet other than as a satisfied customer.

----
Alexis Rosen                       {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Writing from                                {harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!alexis
The Big Electric Cat                  {portal,well,sun}!hoptoad/
Public UNIX                         Best path: uunet!dasys1!alexis

steve@ivucsb.UUCP (Steve Lemke <steve>) (10/20/88)

#(Jonathan S. Shapiro) writes:
#>I currently own a Mac II with an Apple 40M hard disk (i.e. bought from
#>apple, not manufatured by Apple).  The apple-supplied HD is 5 1/4". I
#>am interested in upgrading to an internall 300M (or so) drive.
#>  [ stuff about putting 40mb internal in external cabinet deleted ]
#
#Don't waste your money on a small drive when all you want is the
#cabinet and the power supply. MicroNet sells cabinets, power supplies,
#and commercial-quality utility software for a variety of drives, including
#the Quantum you mention.
#
#You can reach MicroNet at:
#13765-A Alton Parkway
#Irvine, CA 92718
#(714) 837-6033

Incidentally, you can also get your new drive from MicroNet - they carry
the CDC Wren (III, IV, and V) series of drives, and have some very good
prices - especially if you're a dealer/developer!!  Just speaking as a
happy customer...

----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: steve@ivucsb.UUCP; lemke@apple.COM   AppleLink:  LEMKE
----- uucp:     pyramid!comdesign!ivucsb!steve       CompuServe: 73627,570