[comp.sys.mac] MPW

phcalamai@water.waterloo.edu (Paul H. Calamai) (06/27/88)

Some time ago there was a posting that highly recommended a
book for learning MPW.  Could someone please repost or
send me email with the details so that I can order this
book.

Thanks.

David_Alan_Newman@cup.portal.com (06/29/88)

The book on MPW is:

Macintosh Programmer's Workshop

by Joel West
Hayden Books is the publisher

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (07/01/88)

In article <6945@cup.portal.com>, David_Alan_Newman@cup.portal.com writes:
> The book on MPW is:
>
> Macintosh Programmer's Workshop
>
> by Joel West
> Hayden Books is the publisher
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The book is titled "Programming with Macintosh Programmer's Workshop" and the
publisher is Bantam Computer Books.  The ISBN is 0-553-34436-6.  You did,
however, get the author's name right.

Dennis Cohen
Claris
------------
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!

steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield) (10/18/88)

Several people have mentioned MPW. 800 Software
hasn't heard of it. Can anyone supply me with a
name, phone number, address, or some way to
contact the vendor.

Thanks.

mystone@caen.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (10/19/88)

In article <15648@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield) writes:
> Several people have mentioned MPW. 800 Software
> hasn't heard of it. Can anyone supply me with a
> name, phone number, address, or some way to
> contact the vendor.
>
> Thanks.

  MPW is a programming environment available from APDA.  Ask them for it.

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (10/20/88)

Dear Steve -
	MPW is the Macintosh Programmer's Workship.  It is a product of Apple
Computer and is available through the Apple Programmers and Developers
Association.
	APDA is the channel for Apple's technical products.  It is a membership
organization ($20.00 a year), which gives you access to technical products from
Apple.
	APDA is at the following address:
		APDA
		290 SW 43rd Street
		Renton, WA 98055
		206-251-6548

Jordan Mattson				UUCP:   jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.			CSNET: 	jordan@apple.CSNET
Tools & Languages Product Management
20525 Mariani Avenue, MS 27S
Cupertino, CA 95014
408-973-4601
			"Joy is the serious business of heaven."
					C.S. Lewis

twakeman@hpcea.CE.HP.COM (Teriann Wakeman) (10/21/88)

MPW {Macintosh Programmer's Workshop} is available only through APDA {Apple
Programmer's and Development Assoc.}.

APDA
290 S.W. 43rd st. Renton, Wa. 98055
(206) 251-6548

To purchase software through APDA, you must be a paid member {$20/yr}, and
have signed an agreement. For your $20 you get the right to purchase {??}
from APDA and 4 quarterly catalogues.

MPW is a programming shell that comes with an assembler. C or Pascal are
extra. MPW is NOT your typical Maclike easy to learn without a manual
application. It is UNIX like and will take a concentrated effort to learn.

C++ is reportedly going to be supported in the next version of MPW.

ANyone out there know what MPW training is available? Who is providing it
when for how much???????

TeriAnn