[comp.sys.mac] REx's in WP

borton@uva.UUCP (Chris Borton) (10/22/88)

In article <6455@ihlpf.ATT.COM> straka@ihlpf.UUCP (55223-Straka,R.J.) writes:
>||I've never seen anything that comes even close to UNIX(R)'s regular
>||expression matching when it comes to complex search and replace algorithms.
>|
>|  As has been posted several times....  MPW has all of UNIX's regualr
>|expression matching & more.  From talking to people that have used UNIX for
>
>What I would like to see is this sort of capability on a WORD PROCESSOR.

Nisus has a superset of Unix's grep plus an interface on top of it included.
And it still is an easy to use word processor.  Look for it soon (I hope)!

-cbb, Nisus development team
/* Paragon was my employer...I don't speak for them...blah blah... */
--
Chris Borton	borton%uva@mcvax.{nl,bitnet,uucp}
Rotary Scholar, University of Amsterdam CS