[comp.sys.mac] How to screen snapshot?

spohrer-james@yale.UUCP (10/21/88)

From: James Spohrer <spohrer-james>

I know you can do a COMMAND-SHIFT-3 to get a MacPaint
snapshot of whatever is showing on your monitor.

MY PROBLEM: I have a 19'' monitor, so only a part of the
screen is viewable when I use superPaint. Also I want
to have some menus pulled down when I take the snapshot.
How do I get a 19'' snapshot with menus pulled down?

Thanks,
-Jim Spohrer
spohrer@yale.edu
-------

jwhitnell@cup.portal.com (Jerry D Whitnell) (10/22/88)

Jim Spohrer writes
|MY PROBLEM: I have a 19'' monitor, so only a part of the
|screen is viewable when I use superPaint. Also I want
|to have some menus pulled down when I take the snapshot.
|How do I get a 19'' snapshot with menus pulled down?

Try Capture by Mainstay.  It is an INIT that replaces the standard screeen
dump utility.  With it installed, you hit command-shift-3 (or F13 on the
big keyboard) and the cursor changes to a cross.  You then select a rectangle
on the screen and Capture copies it to the clipboard.  From there, you can paste
it into any document.  Works with large screens, menus down, color screens,
etc.  You can also save to disk in PICT files.  Street price is about $50.

--
Jerry Whitnell
jwhitnell@cup.portal.com

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (10/24/88)

In article <40838@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spohrer-james@yale.UUCP writes:
>From: James Spohrer <spohrer-james>
>
>How do I get a 19'' snapshot with menus pulled down?
>
>-Jim Spohrer
>-------

Check the manual that came with your monitor. The E-Machines manual says that
Command-shift-3 displays a frame which you position to frame what you want to
save. The implication is that you can only get a small Mac screen.

Unfortunately that doesn't work on the Mac II. I only get the upper left
corner, so I'd have to position the window appropriately, or try to get
what I'm trying to capture to reside in the upper left corner of the screen.

Shirley Kehr