[comp.sys.mac] Unstuffing stuffit

dwight@akelei.UUCP (Dwight Melcher) (10/11/88)

I have a "sit" file on a UNIX system that I would like to unpack into
its components.  The sit file is rather big, so I don't want to xmit
the whole thing over to a mac, break it up, and then xmit the pieces
back.  I've seen a C program floating around that will unpack packit
files, but haven't come across anything for stuffit files.  Does
anybody have an "unstuffit" program?

thanks,

Dwight Melcher
Columbine Data Systems, Inc.
3300 Mitchell Lane Suite 380
Boulder, CO 80301	 	ncar!boulder!akelei!dwight
--

normt@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) (10/18/88)

In article <327@akelei.UUCP>, dwight@akelei.UUCP (Dwight Melcher) writes:
> I have a "sit" file on a UNIX system that I would like to unpack into
> its components.

I have a copy of the source for unsit.c This is the StuffIt equivalent
of unpit.c. It has the same options (and a couple more) as unpit.
The code I have does not in itself do the uncompress, you need to define
a path, where "compress" can be found.
I use this on Unix V5, with compress found in our "exptools" directory. I
will be glad to send this to anyone who asks, just send me some mail,
and I will try and get back to you, If you don't hear within a couple
of days, try again.
If request are too overwelming, I will think about posting to a sources
newsgroup.

--

	Norm Tiedemann		AT&T Bell Labs IH 2G-331
	att!ihlpa!normt		2000 Naperville Rd.

normt@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) (10/18/88)

I forgot to write, that this is a program written by

	Author: Allan G. Weber
		weber%brand.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu
		...sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!weber
	Date:   January 15, 1988

And it is for StuffIt 1.31
	i.e. it does not deal with folder or any other enhancements that came
	with 1.40

--

john@trigraph.UUCP (John Chew) (10/24/88)

In article <9947@ihlpa.ATT.COM> normt@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) writes:
>I forgot to write, that this is a program written by
>	Author: Allan G. Weber
>		weber%brand.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu
>		...sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!weber
>	Date:   January 15, 1988

>And it is for StuffIt 1.31
>	i.e. it does not deal with folder or any other enhancements that came
>	with 1.40

I am currently beta-testing unsit 1.5, which does support StuffIt 1.5's
hierarchically maintained folders.

As it seems to work fine, Allan Weber will presumably be posting it
to the net reasonably soon.

John Chew

--
john j. chew, iii
trigraph, inc., toronto, canada   {uunet!utai!utcsri,utgpu,utzoo}!trigraph!john