[comp.sys.mac] Mac II games

dt0g+@andrew.cmu.edu (David E. Tin Nyo) (07/24/87)

	I'd like to  write a full color/sound, knock-your-socks off game for
the Mac II.  I've already got one particular idea in mind, but I'd appreciate
any suggestions from NetLand.  Also, any general discussion about the gaming
potential/market of the Mac II would be helpful.

David E. Tin Nyo
(still thinking of a name for my company)
Arpanet: dt0g@andrew.cmu.edu
Uucp: ...!seismo!andrew.cmu.edu!dt0g

sho@tybalt.caltech.edu (Sho Kuwamoto) (11/18/87)

    Are there any rumors about games utilizing color on the Mac II?
Specifically, is a flight simulator in the works?  I bet you could get
some nice 3-D with the help of the 68881.

						-Sho

irawan@flamingo.cis.ohio-state.edu (hindra irawan) (10/25/88)

Well, here is a list of color games that I got.
So far I only got just one respond

game                              # color used

Crystal Quest                     16 colors max
Chuck Yeager AFT                  16
Mac Golf 3.0                      16
Tetris                           256 colors max
Solitaire Royal                  256 colors max
Sargon 4                         ???

I also got this shareware game that is also in color
Seaheaven                        256 (? I'm not sure)         - sort of a solitaire game

jellinghaus-robert@CS.YALE.EDU (Rob Jellinghaus) (10/25/88)

In article <25578@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> irawan@flamingo.cis.ohio-state.edu (hindra irawan) writes:
>Well, here is a list of color games that I got.
>So far I only got just one respond
>
>game                              # color used
>
>Crystal Quest                     16 colors max
>Chuck Yeager AFT                  16
>Mac Golf 3.0                      16
>Tetris                           256 colors max
>Solitaire Royal                  256 colors max
>Sargon 4                         ???
 Moebius I                         16 colors max (but not badly done)

Rob Jellinghaus                | "It's all in the reflexes."
jellinghaus-robert@CS.Yale.EDU |
ROBERTJ@{yalecs,yalevm}.BITNET |        -- Kurt Russell in
{everyone}!decvax!yale!robertj |           _Big Trouble in Little China_