[comp.sys.mac] Getting Apple's Chinese System

yeung@june.cs.washington.edu (Ricky Yeung) (10/25/88)

Folks:

In case you don't know where to obtain a copy of Apple's Chinese System for
the Mac, you can try the following.  A guy told me that the Beijing
(simplified characters) version is available there for $35.

Ecological Linguistics, Inc.
Box 15156,
Washington, D. C. 20003
Phone: 202-546-5862

I have no connection with this company.

-Ricky

E-mail:	yeung@june.cs.washington.edu
	{allegra,caip,nike}!uw-beaver!uw-june!yeung  { UUCP }

lai@Apple.COM (Ed Lai) (10/25/88)

In article <6195@june.cs.washington.edu> yeung@june.cs.washington.edu (Ricky Yeung) writes:
>Folks:
>
>In case you don't know where to obtain a copy of Apple's Chinese System for
>the Mac, you can try the following.  A guy told me that the Beijing
>(simplified characters) version is available there for $35.
>
>Ecological Linguistics, Inc.
>Box 15156,
>Washington, D. C. 20003
>Phone: 202-546-5862
>
>I have no connection with this company.
>
>-Ricky
>
>E-mail:	yeung@june.cs.washington.edu
>	{allegra,caip,nike}!uw-beaver!uw-june!yeung  { UUCP }

I have talked briefly with Ecological Linguistics. They told me the price is
$45 rather than $35, and it will be $50 outside of North America. The order
process could be speeded up if anyone ordering would include a note saying
no extra copies with be made except for personal backup process. The version
is 1.0 which means that it would not run on a MAC II. Currently there is not
much documenatation but that may change in the future. Any one who wants a
catalog and sample printout from the system can send a SASE with 65 cents stamp
and two dollars to them. At this point they would prefer people not to use the
phone number given.

I have no connection with this company and have not ordered anything from them.

/* Disclaimer: All statments and opinions expressed are my own */
/* Edmund K. Lai                                               */
/* Apple Computer, MS42-C                                      */
/* 20525 Mariani Ave,                                          */
/* Cupertino, CA 95014                                         */
/* (408)974-6272                                               */