[comp.sys.mac] Mathematic requirements

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (L. Greg DeMichillie) (10/27/88)

In article <16695@santra.UUCP> jmunkki@kampi.UUCP (Juri Munkki) writes:
>In article <11432.1988Oct15.23:26:16@hammer.me.toronto.edu> yap@hammer.me.UUCP writes:
>>I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if Mathematica worked well (<-- fast) with
>>less memory.
>
>Mathematica "works" on a Mac II with 2 MB RAM and _you_ can do work with 5MB.

This week I talked with Theo Gray, who wrote the Mathematica front end and
he said that new version (1.1, I think) requires 2.5 MB of RAM on a Plus or SE
and 4 MB on a II.  Since I only have 2MB on my II, I just went home and cried
myself to sleep. :-(

-----
L. Greg DeMichillie               "How much is a Jasmine hard disk *without*
Apple Student Rep - UC Davis              the keyboard?"
lgdemichillie@ucdavis.edu          - Weird computer customer question of
AppleLink: ST0178                         the week

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.