[comp.sys.mac] Novell NetWare for Mac

merchant@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Peter Merchant) (10/27/88)

In article <436@nikhefk.UUCP> paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) writes:
>Underneath you'll find (almost) random quotes from a Novell brochure.
>As you may know, Novell is about to ship NetWare for the Mac.
>
>"Some users prefer PC's running DOS. Windows/386 has also become popular
>PC operating system. Some like the new OS/2. And others (you know the
>type) can only be seperated from their Macintoshes when their cold, dead
>fingers are pried from their Mac's mouse."
>
>Looks like some marketing bobo is getting rid of some of his
>frustrations...

Being one of those types, looking down the muzzle of a MS-DOS world, I was
amused by that statement.  Being the resident outspoken Macintosh person
around here, I take quite a bit of grief about the little beige toaster in my
office (hopefully soon becoming a grey behemoth of a Mac II, "so I can run
MS-DOS.  Yeah!  That's the ticket!"), but it is all in pure fun.  I think
the ads are targetted at those places, with a few outspoken Macintosh users
who would rather fight than switch mixed in with a large group of MS-DOS
users.

By the way, if you like HyperCard, you should definitely try to get Novell's
NetWare Demo stack.  It is quite enjoyable.  Our ADP guy, who also runs the
Novell net, enjoyed the stack more than the product.

Now, if Novell would only implement some of the neat PC stuff on the Mac
side, I'd be set...
---
"I can make you every promise          Peter Merchant (merchant@eleazar.UUCP)
  that has ever been made..."                (Peter.G.Merchant@dartmouth.edu)