[comp.sys.mac] DiskTimer II vs. SCSI Evaluator

pcolby@robbie.prime.com (Peter Colby) (10/27/88)

In article <16@eplrx7.UUCP> lad@eplrx7.UUCP (lad) writes:
>If you're looking to compare the performance of SCSI disks Disktimer is NOT
>the way to do it. Disktimer ... it favors disks with a 1:1 interleave and it's
>results do not reflect real-world disk performance.
>
>If you want to fairly evaluate SCSI disk performance use SCSI Evaluator.  It
>doesn't play favorites and you can trust the data it comes up with, to a point.
>
>        Lawrence A. Deleski

Even with its problems, Disktimer II has two major advantages:
	1) Its free
	2) There are published results for a large variety of Hard Disks

If SCSI Evaluator is so wonderfull how do we get hold of it????

UUCP: {sun,decvax,linus}!cvbnet!pcolby ||| "We has met the enemy and he is us."
UUCP: pcolby@robbie.prime.com          |||                           Pogo
CSNET: pcolby@robbie.prime.com         |||