[comp.sys.mac] Can't throw out folder

jnp@calmasd.GE.COM (John Pantone) (10/26/88)

I've looked everywhere and can't find any info on this:

A folder (3 levels "down") won't let me throw it out - I get an alert
with "You don't have the correct access for this file" or some such.
I can open it and even put stuff into it and take it out - but I can't
trash-can it!

Any clues? (e-mail please).

--
These opinions are solely mine and in no way reflect those of my employer.
John M. Pantone @ GE/Calma R&D, 9805 Scranton Rd., San Diego, CA 92121

kent@lloyd.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (10/28/88)

In article <125@calmasd.GE.COM> jnp@calmasd.GE.COM (John Pantone) writes:
>I've looked everywhere and can't find any info on this:
>
>A folder (3 levels "down") won't let me throw it out - I get an alert
>with "You don't have the correct access for this file" or some such.
>I can open it and even put stuff into it and take it out - but I can't
>trash-can it!
>
>Any clues? (e-mail please).
>
>--
>These opinions are solely mine and in no way reflect those of my employer.
>John M. Pantone @ GE/Calma R&D, 9805 Scranton Rd., San Diego, CA 92121
>...{ucbvax|decvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!jnp   jnp@calmasd.GE.COM   GEnie: J.PANTONE

First you might want to look inside folder with ResEdit or DiskTop to
see whether there is an invisible file in there.

Once you are sure you want to junk it, here is what I do.  Hold down
the option key while you throw it away.  It will let you.  Now try to
empty the trash, it will likely complain.  Now reboot and try again
and it should work.  I'm not really sure what is going on, but it
works for me.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or