[comp.sys.mac] Vaccine vs. System 6.0.2

hal@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) (10/22/88)

I heard a rumor that the vaccine init has some sort of trouble with the 6.0.2
system.  Is there anything to this?  What is the problem if there is one?

I'm getting paranoid enough that I probably won't upgrade to 6.0.2 if this
is true.

Hal Perkins                  internet:  hal@cs.cornell.edu
Cornell CS

sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) (10/22/88)

In article <21948@cornell.UUCP> hal@cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) writes:
>I heard a rumor that the vaccine init has some sort of trouble with the 6.0.2
>system.  Is there anything to this?  What is the problem if there is one?

I've been using 6.0.2 with vaccine for about 3 weeks.  Not a problem so far,
nor have I heard about any.

   DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are mine!  All MINE!!! *heh*
  David Martosko                         E-mail:sage@eleazar.dartmouth.EDU
  Dartmouth College HB 2216               Phone:(603) 640-4753
  Hanover, NH 03755

cc4b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Brian Cox) (10/22/88)

I haven't had any such trouble.
I upgraded my MacII to 6.02 several days ago (already had vaccine installed),
and have been using it since without a problem.
Vaccine still complains at the appropriate times, and doesn't appear to cause
any trouble with applications.

Chris

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (L. Greg DeMichillie) (10/24/88)

In article <10530@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) writes:
>In article <21948@cornell.UUCP> hal@cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) writes:
>>I heard a rumor that the vaccine init has some sort of trouble with the 6.0.2
>>system.  Is there anything to this?  What is the problem if there is one?
>
>I've been using 6.0.2 with vaccine for about 3 weeks.  Not a problem so far,
>nor have I heard about any.

Me, too.  I have worked on a system with 6 Macs (Pluses, SEs and IIs) all with
System 6.0.2 and Vaccine and have no problems to report.

-----
L. Greg DeMichillie               "This is the 80's... I don't want to wait
Apple Student Rep - UC Davis              15 milliseconds"
lgdemichillie@ucdavis.edu          - computer store customer on why he wanted
AppleLink: ST0178                       a 50ms hard disk and NOT a 65 ms.

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.

hal@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) (10/28/88)

A few days ago I posted a note asking if there were any problems using
vaccine with the 6.0.2 system.  In addition to the followups on the net,
I got another 8 or 9 replies via mail.  All but one said they had no
problems at all.  The other one said that he'd had problems with vaccine
under previous systems and 6.0.2 seemed to make the situation somewhat
worse.

The consensus is that the 6.0.2 system has no more problems with vaccine
than previous versions.  Another rumor run to the ground.