[comp.sys.mac] MAC II Monitors

michali@savax.UUCP (Paul C. Michali) (10/26/88)

We are in the process of requesting a MAC II system to do Word Processing,
Technical drawings, presentation graphics (VU GRAPHS), etc.

What Monitors are available?  Any Preferences?  Any experiences?

If we only have the ability to output via a Laser Printer should we still
get a color monitor? Or would we be better with something like a Full Page
Display or Gray Scale type display?  What does it take to do color output
(viewgraphs typically)?

I know this is a large number of wide open questions but I need to make a
decision and am totally LOST!!

Please send me mail or post your views.

Thanks in Advance

(I hope this will spawn a bunch of conversation)

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (10/28/88)

In article <798@savax.UUCP> michali@savax.UUCP (Paul C. Michali) writes:
>We are in the process of requesting a MAC II system to do Word Processing,
>Technical drawings, presentation graphics (VU GRAPHS), etc.
>
>What Monitors are available?  Any Preferences?  Any experiences?

We started with MegaScreens on SEs and one of the MacIIs still use that
monitor. She has no problems, but QuickKeys is incompatible with Mega
Screen (renaming inits doesn't work). You didn't ask about a keyboard,
but be sure to get an extended KB and something like QuickKeys.

We also use E Machines big screen (two of us) and I like it better than any
other big screen I've seen. I used the Apple color monitor for a while until
the E Machines monitor arrived. I didn't think I wanted to give up the color,
but now I wouldn't trade the E Machines for anything else.

The characters are smaller than others, but everything is so crisp that it's
still easier to read.  However, this is monochrome.  If you need grey scale
I guess you'll have to try something else.

>(I hope this will spawn a bunch of conversation)

I'm sure it will.

Shirley Kehr