[comp.sys.mac] Screen Savers under Multifinder

gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu (10/24/88)

thing possible?  I know that "Stars" doesn't work (probably 'cause it's drawing
into the WMgrPort?).

#####################################

Disclaimer: all opinions/views here expressed are mine alone.

gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu (10/24/88)

Sorry to be posting this twice.  My first message seems (at least on my
machine) to have been clipped at the top.

I was just asking if there existed any screen savers that would work under
MultiFinder, and if such a thing were possible.  Thanks for any replies.

***
disclaimer: all opinions here expressed are mine and mine alone.

jkjl@munnari.oz (John Lim) (10/24/88)

in article <488@tank.uchicago.edu>, gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu says:

> I was just asking if there existed any screen savers that would work under
> MultiFinder, and if such a thing were possible.  Thanks for any replies.

	Moire 2.22, which i posted to the moderator a few hours ago
works with MultiFinder. In fact, the previous version (2.12) worked
better in MF than UniFinder !

   	john

ps : most screensavers would work under MF if they are INITs/cdevs.

steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield) (10/24/88)

In article <488@tank.uchicago.edu> gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu writes:
#>
#>Sorry to be posting this twice.  My first message seems (at least on my
#>machine) to have been clipped at the top.
#>
#>I was just asking if there existed any screen savers that would work under
#>MultiFinder, and if such a thing were possible.  Thanks for any replies.
#>
#>***
#>disclaimer: all opinions here expressed are mine and mine alone.

I've used Fade to Black and Moire Idle under MultiFinder with no
problems. However, Fade to Black interferes with TOPS (making the
Macintosh invisible to the network) so I don't use it. Moire Idle
doesn't do that.

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (10/25/88)

In article <488@tank.uchicago.edu> gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu writes:
>I was just asking if there existed any screen savers that would work under
>MultiFinder, and if such a thing were possible.  Thanks for any replies.

  Pyro seems to work very well under MF.  Versions before 2.0 seemed to have
a problem however.  You can obatin pyro thru the purchase of suitcase.

  I've had no problems what so ever with it.
--
David M. O'Rourke                                  dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu

"If it doesn't do Windows, then it's not a computer!!!"
Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (10/25/88)

In article <488@tank.uchicago.edu> gsbrob1@apcvxa.uchicago.edu writes:

>I was just asking if there existed any screen savers that would work under
>MultiFinder, and if such a thing were possible.  Thanks for any replies.

I'm using Pyro on a Mac II with E Machine's The Big Picture. I always use
MultiFinder (couldn't imagine working any other way). Almost everyone around
here uses Pyro on SE's and a variety of big screens.

It came with my copy of Suitcase.

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) (10/27/88)

Pyro! is not bundled with Suitcase II, which is the only Suitcase currently
available except for old stock which might be found on dealer shelves. Pyro!
3.0 is bundled with PowerStation, and is also a separate product ($24.95 list).

I am the author of Suitcase, Suitcase II, and PowerStation, and co-author
of Pyro!; the products are published by Fifth Generation Systems, Inc.

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (10/27/88)

In article <7475@well.UUCP> brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) writes:
(
(Pyro! is not bundled with Suitcase II, which is the only Suitcase currently
(available except for old stock which might be found on dealer shelves. Pyro!
(3.0 is bundled with PowerStation, and is also a separate product ($24.95 list).
(
(I am the author of Suitcase, Suitcase II, and PowerStation, and co-author
(of Pyro!; the products are published by Fifth Generation Systems, Inc.

I hate to disagree with the author (especially of such a useful
product as Suitcase), but...

My disk of Suitcase II had a copy of Pyro! 3.0 (the one with the clock
option) when it arrived.  I did not buy it at the store; it was a mail
order upgrade of Suitcase from Fifth Generation.  Maybe the version
you buy at the store is different, however.

	/JBL
UUCP:     {backbone}!bbn!levin		POTS: (617) 873-3463
INTERNET: levin@bbn.com

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) (10/29/88)

In article <31466@bbn.COM>, levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) writes:
> My disk of Suitcase II had a copy of Pyro! 3.0 (the one with the clock
> option) when it arrived.  I did not buy it at the store; it was a mail
> order upgrade of Suitcase from Fifth Generation.  Maybe the version
> you buy at the store is different, however.

Right -- upgraders to Suitcase II were offered a free Pyro! 3.0 upgrade in
the deal.  I think that deal has now expired, though.