[comp.sys.mac] Is Dollars and Sense Compatable with 6.02?

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (10/05/88)

	MacWeek and others reported that $ and Sense crashed with
System 6.0. Does anybody know if it works with 6.02? Otherwise
is there an upgrade or patch?
					Jim Meiss
					jdm@emx.utexas.edu

eynon@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Barry Eynon) (10/06/88)

Version 4.1c of Dollars and Sense corrects the problem, and works
with all current versions of the MacOS, including 6.0 and 6.0.2.
Contact Monogram for upgrade information - I think they were asking
$5 for a new disk to registered owners of version 4.0, and if you
upgrade from the previous release (1.4) you will of course get 4.1c.
Do not use 4.1b or earlier with system 6.0/6.0.2 as data files can
be corrupted.
-Barry Eynon

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (10/11/88)

In article <6568@ut-emx.UUCP>, jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) writes:
> 	MacWeek and others reported that $ and Sense crashed with
> System 6.0. Does anybody know if it works with 6.02? Otherwise
> is there an upgrade or patch?
> 					Jim Meiss
> 					jdm@emx.utexas.edu

Dollars & Sense 4.1c works fine with 6.0.2, Macweek is not aware of
this update I guess. Monogram has been working on the fix since they
were made aware of it just before 6.0 was released. And they had update
forms at the Expo In Boston. Now I am not sure if they sent out a mailing
to registered users or not. But there is a version available that will
work with 6.0.2..

bill@utastro.UUCP (William H. Jefferys) (10/12/88)

In article <112@bridge2.3Com.Com> ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) writes:
#
#Dollars & Sense 4.1c works fine with 6.0.2, Macweek is not aware of
#this update I guess. Monogram has been working on the fix since they
#were made aware of it just before 6.0 was released. And they had update
#forms at the Expo In Boston. Now I am not sure if they sent out a mailing
#to registered users or not. But there is a version available that will
#work with 6.0.2..

I never received an announcement (grumble) but I called them at their
business number (they put me on hold for 5 minutes...grumble, grumble...
it is a long-distance call) and said they'd send me one for $5.
Frankly they ought to send it free, since the bug is their fault,
but having no choice I paid up...

This was only a few days ago, and they said it would take a week,
so I haven't seen it yet.

Bill Jefferys

--
Glend.	I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hot.	Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come when you

holland@mips.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (10/29/88)

In article <112@bridge2.3Com.Com> ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) writes:
>In article <6568@ut-emx.UUCP>, jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) writes:
>Dollars & Sense 4.1c works fine with 6.0.2, Macweek is not aware of
>this update I guess. Monogram has been working on the fix since they
>were made aware of it just before 6.0 was released. And they had update
>forms at the Expo In Boston. Now I am not sure if they sent out a mailing
>to registered users or not. But there is a version available that will
>work with 6.0.2..
Probably most people [MacWeek included] are not aware of the update.  Just
because you sent them [Monogram] a registration card doesn't mean they should
notify you of upgrades.  I called them the day I bought it [coincidentally the
day I upgraded to system 6 - what a nasty first impression].  They told me it
would not work with the new system - they would need time to fix it.  After
MacWorld, I called them for the update and asked why they didn't notify
registered users.  "We just tell people who call..."  What the hell is the
registration for!?  I don't think Monogram is the only guilty party.  The only
upgrade noticies I've ever received were LightSpeed C and OnCue.  I've heard
DiskFit has a newer version, but I haven't called them yet.  I've also seen
many postings for SUM - why haven't they sent an official update? Between my
personal software and programs at work, I've got too many to call each
publisher periodically and ask, "Do you have an upgrade?"  This is absurd!
Why don't they all mail upgrade notices as standard policy?

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
holland%ti-csl@csnet-rela

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.