[comp.sys.mac] LS Pascal 2.0

) (10/25/88)

Anyone know the status of Lightspeed Pascal 2.0?  Has the obnoxious
pretty-printing in the editor been fixed?

Is it shipping, now or ever?  I got an upgrade offer a couple of months ago,
but I can't see sending any money if the thing won't be shipping for 'n'
months, where n is fairly large.

Thanks - Rich

pearl@porthos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (10/25/88)

In article <8810241656.AA09437@decwrl.dec.com> long@mcntsh.dec.com (I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV!) writes:
>Anyone know the status of Lightspeed Pascal 2.0?  Has the obnoxious
>pretty-printing in the editor been fixed?
>
>Is it shipping, now or ever?  I got an upgrade offer a couple of months ago,
>but I can't see sending any money if the thing won't be shipping for 'n'
>months, where n is fairly large.
>
>Thanks - Rich

How timely this posting is!  I just recieved a letter from Symantic
stating that my order for the 2.0 upgrade is acknowledged, (I bought
it last august) and that when it ships in mid-november, The upgrades
will ship first.  Hope this helps.

Steve
Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (201)932-2443   Home: (201)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@aramis.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/25/88)

In article <8810241656.AA09437@decwrl.dec.com> long@mcntsh.dec.com (I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV!) writes:
>Anyone know the status of Lightspeed Pascal 2.0?  Has the obnoxious
>pretty-printing in the editor been fixed?

	Lightspeed Pascal is coming along quite smoothly, and should be
delivered in November. If you're interested in upgrading, I suggest that
you file that order form NOW, because orders to upgrading users are
going out first, BEFORE any product goes to the stores.

	The prettyprinter is still there, but it's been made considerably
faster, and the formatting is not customizable to a degree, though you
can't turn it off.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/25/88)

In article <8810241656.AA09437@decwrl.dec.com> long@mcntsh.dec.com (I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV!) writes:
>Anyone know the status of Lightspeed Pascal 2.0?  Has the obnoxious
>pretty-printing in the editor been fixed?

	Lightspeed Pascal is coming along quite smoothly, and should be
delivered in November. If you're interested in upgrading, I suggest that
you file that order form NOW, because orders to upgrading users are
going out first, BEFORE any product goes to the stores.

	The prettyprinter is still there, but it's been made considerably
faster, and the formatting is customizable to a degree, though you
can't turn it off.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.

i91@nikhefh.hep.nl (Fons Rademakers) (10/31/88)

How about the people in Europe! I'm a registered user of LSP (which I
bought via MacTutor more than a year ago) but I never got any notice
about upgrading to LSP 2.0.

So, SYMANTEC, here my notice that I want to upgrade to LSP 2.0 and I expect
to get it mid-november when LSP 2.0 is shipping.

I am getting pretty tired of this ignoring of European customers.

-- Fons Rademakers
--
Org:    NIKHEF-H, National Institute for Nuclear and High-Energy Physics.
Mail:   Kruislaan 409, P.O. Box 41882, 1009 DB Amsterdam, the Netherlands

jsm@masscomp.UUCP (John Morris) (11/02/88)

What's the address to send in the registration card? I sent my LSC
card to Bedford and the folks in California didn't know about me.
I just bought LSP and want to send it to the right place.
-John
 *---------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 |      John S. Morris       | UUCP: {cbosgd,decvax,uunet}!masscomp!jsm      |
 |   MASSCOMP/CONCURRENT     | ATTNet: 508-692-6200      CSERVE: 73720,2134  |
 |    1 Technology Way       |                                               |
 |    Westford, MA 01886     |                                               |
 *---------------------------------------------------------------------------*

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (11/03/88)

In article <400@masscomp.UUCP> jsm@masscomp.UUCP (John Morris) writes:

>What's the address to send in the registration card? I sent my LSC
>card to Bedford and the folks in California didn't know about me.
>I just bought LSP and want to send it to the right place.

 The address on my registration card (for LSC) is:

 Symantec
 10201 Torre Avenue
 Cupertino, CA 95014

 I would imagine that's the right place for any Symantec registration
correpondence. (Tech support for LSP/LSC is still in Bedford, as far
as I know... right Rich?)

--
Ken McLeod     :.     .:    uucp: {spsd, zardoz, felix}!dhw68k!thecloud