[comp.sys.mac] Suticase ][ - Where is it???

) (11/01/88)

Well, here we are.   Fifth Generation has said that all upgrades were sent
out by 10/26 and here it is 11/1 and I haven't gotten mine.

Does anyone know the phone # for Fifth Generation so I can call to find
out where my disk is???  Thanks..

Phil Hunt

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (11/02/88)

In article <8811011530.AA13623@decwrl.dec.com> phil@vaxphw.dec.com (At 'MACS'imum efficiency!) writes:
>Well, here we are.   Fifth Generation has said that all upgrades were sent
>out by 10/26 and here it is 11/1 and I haven't gotten mine.
>
>Does anyone know the phone # for Fifth Generation so I can call to find
>out where my disk is???  Thanks..
>
>Phil Hunt

I just got mine yesterday night (10/31).

Their number is (504) 291-7221.

Edward Moy				Principal Programmer - Macintosh & Unix
Workstation Support Services		Workstation Software Support Group
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720

edmoy@violet.Berkeley.EDU
ucbvax!violet!edmoy

pgn@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Paul G. Nevai) (11/02/88)

For those who haven't rec'd SuitCase II yet:
I just received my second Suitcase II. (I ordered only one). The first said
version 1, the second said version 1.2.1 on the envelope, but inside both
are (or at least seem to be) version 1.2. Now I have two manuals too, and I am
franatically reading both to find out if there are any differences. (They
figured out how to make me read manuals.)

P.S. Both packages had a $25 charge slip in them. Now it's waiting time to see
when my MasterCard bill comes whether they charged me once or twice.

Paul Nevai                                pgn@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu
Department of Mathematics                 TS1171@ohstvma.BITNET
The Ohio State University                 73057,172.Compu$erve
Columbus, OH 43210                        1-(614)-292-5310.office
U.S.A.                                    1-(614)-292-4975.secy

rap@csadfa.oz (Robert Pearson) (11/03/88)

From article <8811011530.AA13623@decwrl.dec.com>, by phil@vaxphw.dec.com (At 'MACS'imum efficiency!):
> Well, here we are.   Fifth Generation has said that all upgrades were sent
> out by 10/26 and here it is 11/1 and I haven't gotten mine.
> Does anyone know the phone # for Fifth Generation so I can call to find
> out where my disk is???  Thanks..
		I sent of a letter also asking for an upgrade and no reply.
I also sent my original disk.
An e-mail address would be more helpful; muck cheaper than an internationl
phone call.
	Also I have not heard from Denaba systems about canvas. Also a letter
unanswered.
	However I previously asked via the net about Some Dataframe software
and I got a very nice reply via e-mail. Another happy customer from Supermac.
Robert  Pearson			 ISD:	+61 62 68 8171  STD: (062) 68 8171
Dept. Computer Science		 Telex:	ADFADM AA62030
University College	      ACSNET:	rap@csadfa.oz
Aust. Defence Force Academy	UUCP:	...!uunet!munnari!csadfa.oz!rap
Canberra. ACT. 2600.		ARPA:	rap%csadfa.oz@uunet.uu.net
AUSTRALIA		       CSNET:	rap@csadfa.oz

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) (11/04/88)

The only difference between Suitcase II 1.2 and 1.2.1 is a fix for a problem
with MultiFinder 1.0 (which came with System 4.2).  If you don't use
MultiFinder, or you use MultiFinder 6.0 or later, then Suitcase II 1.2.1
has no advantage over 1.2.

I have posted a Suitcase II Updater application that updates 1.2 to 1.2.1
to various commercial nets.  If desired, it may be posted to comp.binaries.mac
(by someone else; I'm still having protocol upload troubles at my Usenet
site).

fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) (11/08/88)

In article <1747@csadfa.oz> rap@csadfa.oz (Robert Pearson) writes:
>From article <8811011530.AA13623@decwrl.dec.com>, by phil@vaxphw.dec.com (At 'MACS'imum efficiency!):
>> Well, here we are.   Fifth Generation has said that all upgrades were sent
>> out by 10/26 and here it is 11/1 and I haven't gotten mine.
>> Does anyone know the phone # for Fifth Generation so I can call to find
>> out where my disk is???  Thanks..

Fifth Generation is still following up on their shipments for Suitcase II.
According to them, if you do not receive receive your copy by November 14th,
give them a call at (800) 225-2775.

Deneba Software has been shipping Canvas 2.0 to Canvas 1.x customers
for two weeks and expects to complete shipment in another two weeks.
They can be reached at (504) 291-7221.

I have no connection with either Fifth Generation or Deneba Software
other than being an anxious customer.

Chuck