[comp.sys.mac] Install 6.0.2 or wait for 6.0.3?

eacj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Julian Vrieslander) (11/07/88)

There was an article in one of the computer weeklies about Apple preparing to
release a system 6.0.3.  Not much description about what is new in this
release - I remember some comments about 24-bit color quickdraw extensions.

I was just getting ready to organize a system update for my department from
5.0 to 6.0.2.  We do not have anyone using high-end desktop publishing programs
that would need 24-bit color.  Is there any other reason why we would want to
wait for 6.0.3 rather than going to 6.0.2 now?  If so, is there any estimate
of when 6.0.3 will be out?
--
Julian Vrieslander     "Don't rush me... you'll get a rotten miracle."
Neurobiology & Behavior, W250 Mudd Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853

rampil@cca.ucsf.edu (Ira Rampil) (11/09/88)

In article <6771@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> eacj@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Julian Vrieslander) writes:
>There was an article in one of the computer weeklies about Apple preparing to
>release a system 6.0.3.  Not much description about what is new in this
>release - I remember some comments about 24-bit color quickdraw extensions.
>
>I was just getting ready to organize a system update for my department from
>5.0 to 6.0.2.  We do not have anyone using high-end desktop publishing programs
>that would need 24-bit color.  Is there any other reason why we would want to
>wait for 6.0.3 rather than going to 6.0.2 now?  If so, is there any estimate
>of when 6.0.3 will be out?
The version of 6.0.3 that I have seen only had hooks for
high end color QD, otherwise it seemed to be the same as
6.0.2.  Major bugs in 6.0.2 have not yet surfaced  so  I
would say: Go for it!

Ira Rampil
Department of Anesthesia
#include StdDisclaimer.h