[comp.sys.mac] lex and yacc of a Macintosh C compiler

bob@eecs.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) (11/09/88)

> Does anyone know if there is a lex or yacc utility for a
> Macintosh C compiler system?

I think what you are looking for is on CompuServe, in the MacDev forum. (I
forget which DL it's in...) If you don't have access to CompuServe, I have
no idea where to get it.

Bob Hablutzel	BOB@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (11/10/88)

>Does anyone know if there is a lex or yacc utility for a
>Macintosh C compiler system?

I would also be interested in this!

-Ted

ech@poseidon.ATT.COM (Edward C Horvath) (11/12/88)

From article <870263@hpcilzb.HP.COM>, by tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson):
>>Does anyone know if there is a lex or yacc utility for a
>>Macintosh C compiler system?

> I would also be interested in this!

> -Ted

"Flex" and "Bison" (the GNU analogues of lex and yacc) have been ported to
MPW as tools.  I found 'em on GENie, but I haven't tried to use 'em yet.

If there's interest, I'll pass them to comp.sources.mac.

=Ned Horvath=

matthew@sunpix.UUCP ( Sun NCAA) (11/13/88)

In article <870263@hpcilzb.HP.COM>, tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) writes:
> >Does anyone know if there is a lex or yacc utility for a
> >Macintosh C compiler system?
>
> I would also be interested in this!
>
> -Ted

Have you two checked out BISON. a Gnu version of YACC that was ported to theMac.
It was posted on the net several months ago.

--
Matthew Lee Stier     (919) 469-8300|
Sun Microsystems ---  RTP, NC  27560|          "Wisconsin   Escapee"