[comp.sys.mac] 6.02 problem?

geb@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Gordon E. Banks) (10/25/88)

I switched to 6.02 last night and immediately began to notice
something strange.  When files are copied into folders, sometimes
(not all the time), when you open the folder, you find that its window
has expanded and the added files are way down at the bottom with
loads of blank space between these files and the ones that were
already there.  You then have to move the new files up to the
top to compact the folder window.  Is this a problem for anyone
else?  I have several inits and layout 1.7.

macak@lakesys.UUCP (Jim Macak) (10/31/88)

In article <1647@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU> geb@cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu (Gordon E. Banks) writes:
>I switched to 6.02 last night and immediately began to notice
>something strange.  When files are copied into folders, sometimes
>(not all the time), when you open the folder, you find that its window
>has expanded and the added files are way down at the bottom with
>loads of blank space between these files and the ones that were
>already there.  You then have to move the new files up to the
>top to compact the folder window.  Is this a problem for anyone
>else?  I have several inits and layout 1.7.

I haven't switched to System 6.0.2 yet, though I have noted this problem with
System Release 5.0.  I'm not sure that I have seen it when doing a Finder move
of files from folder to folder, but I have definitely noted it when moving
files about from within an application by using DiskTop.  When I get back to
the Finder and open the appropriate folder, files that had just been moved
there are way "down" at the bottom of a window.

So, this problem is _not_ unique to System 6.0.2.

Jim

--

Jim -->  macak@lakesys.UUCP (Jim Macak)  {Standard disclaimer, nothin' fancy!}

pool@blake.acs.washington.edu (Jonathan Pool) (11/13/88)

Yes, I too have found under 6.0.2 some files copied to folders several
feet below all other files in those folders.