[comp.sys.mac] Suitcase, F/DA Juggler, and Downloaded fonts

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (11/12/88)

I received my Font/DA Juggler to Master Juggler at the Boston Expo.
One of the new features it mentioned was the ability to keep the
downloaded postscript font files on any disk where a font or DA
file has been opened from with Master Juggler.

Since there's some fonts I don't use very often, I'd like to
keep them on floppies.  My question is this:  Does this
feature exist on older versions of Font/DA Juggler Plus,
Suitcase, or Suitcase II?

Thanks in advance --

Ken

Ken Hancock  '90                   | BITNET/UUCP/
Personal Computing Ctr Consultant  |   INTERNET:  isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER?  I don't get paid enough to worry about disclaimers.

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) (11/15/88)

[If this response is posted in duplicate, please forgive me.]

In article <10863@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
(Ken Hancock) writes:

> I received my Font/DA Juggler to Master Juggler at the Boston Expo.
> One of the new features it mentioned was the ability to keep the
> downloaded postscript font files on any disk where a font or DA
> file has been opened from with Master Juggler.

> Since there's some fonts I don't use very often, I'd like to
> keep them on floppies.  My question is this:  Does this
> feature exist on older versions of Font/DA Juggler Plus,
> Suitcase, or Suitcase II?

"On any disk" should read "in any folder on any disk" to be
strictly correct.

Older versions of Font/DA Juggler Plus and Suitcase:  no.

Suitcase II: yes.

With Master Juggler, the feature does not work with the Aldus printer
driver (PageMaker), it works only with the Apple driver.  With
Suitcase II, it works with both drivers.

I am the author of Suitcase II.