[comp.sys.mac] Can I use PS/2 mem in my Mac?

murray@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Murray Karstadt) (11/15/88)

Since PS/2 SIMMS run between 80 to 120 nanoseconds and the Mac II needs 120
nanoseconds SIMMS .... could I pop IBM SIMMS in a Mac II. Has anyone done this?
Could this create some sort of nasty problem ??

murray

radovanc@vms.macc.wisc.edu (11/15/88)

In article <1014@galaxy>, murray@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Murray Karstadt) writes...

>Since PS/2 SIMMS run between 80 to 120 nanoseconds and the Mac II needs 120
>nanoseconds SIMMS .... could I pop IBM SIMMS in a Mac II. Has anyone done this?
>Could this create some sort of nasty problem ??
>
>murray
Yup.  No problem.

Michael Radovancevich

radovanc@vms3.macc.wisc.edu

joel@arizona.edu (Joel Snyder) (11/15/88)

In article <1014@galaxy> murray@andromeda (Murray Karstadt) writes:
>Since PS/2 SIMMS run between 80 to 120 nanoseconds and the Mac II needs 120
>nanoseconds SIMMS .... could I pop IBM SIMMS in a Mac II. Has anyone done this?
>Could this create some sort of nasty problem ??
We do it all the time; it works great!
All you have to do is console yourself to paying for
nine chips but only using eight.

jms