[comp.sys.mac] GEnie blames itself again

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (11/14/88)

In article <63162@ti-csl.CSNET> holland@m2.UUCP (Fred Hollander) writes:

>Here is a script that a friend wrote.  I just got QuickMail today and haven't
>even tried the script yet. [...]

>ALERT 2,IN10,User ID:
>ALERT 1,IN3,SYSTEM ID
>PAUSE 2
>TYPE ^M
>:IN1

This looks awesomly like a Red Ryder script (not quite the same, but
almost). Is that the Program Scott Watson said he was working on?

By the way, is Scott reachable by E-mail via uucp? As the people at
General Electric consider access to network services, such as
GEnie and Compuserve, by non-US members as "against the laws
of the United States" (see a recent report in NEWSBYTES UK),
they cut themselves from a fair potential of users in Europe,
Canada and elsewhere. Yes, this is ridiculous.

-- Danny

| Mail    :  Danny Schwendener, ETH Macintosh Support                   |
|            Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH-8092 Zuerich     |
| Bitnet  :  macman@czheth5a      UUCP   :   {cernvax,mcvax}ethz!macman |
| Internet:  macman@ifi.ethz.ch   Voice  :   yodel three times          |

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (11/18/88)

In article <674@ethz.UUCP>, macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) writes:

> By the way, is Scott reachable by E-mail via uucp? As the people at
> General Electric consider access to network services, such as
> GEnie and Compuserve, by non-US members as "against the laws
> of the United States" (see a recent report in NEWSBYTES UK),

 No Scott Watson is not on the Net. Don't think he plans to be. As for
 GEnie and the net access in Europe, I don't think that its GEnie's
 fault as they were working on getting established over there..course
 this is just a guess on my part from rambling messages from elsewhere

Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-Sysop FreeSoft RT - GEnie.
Enterprise Systems Division