[comp.sys.mac] Changing date format in system

zz1he@sdcc19.ucsd.EDU (Heather Ebey) (11/16/88)

I have some form letters in Microsoft Word that need a date in
the format "month day, 1988".  I used the glossary to set up
a dynamic date in MS Word, but it comes out as 11/15/88.  I
understand that this format has to do with the way the Mac's
System is setup.  I poked around with Resedit and found the
itl1 resource.  Is this the one I have to change?  Does anyone
know how I would change it--which field, what value do I type
in?

I appreciate all the help I have been getting from USENET.
	--Heather

-----------------INTERNET: hebey@ucsd.edu--------------------
Heather Ebey, MicroLab Support       Voice:  (619) 534-2448
UCSD, Academic Computing Center, C-010, La Jolla, CA. 92093
-----------------BITNET:  hebey@ucsd.bitnet------------------

lipsett@inmet (11/21/88)

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I posted a similar
note last summer, and got the following mail reply from Microsoft:

------------------
From: microsof!pauld@beaver.cs.washington.edu
Subject: Selective Network News 7/29/88
Date: Sun Jul 31 19:43:13 1988

| Is it really impossible to change the date format provided
| by the date icon in the header with MS Word?  I can find no
| references in the documentation to doing such a thing...

We will have more flexibility in the format of dates in MacWord
Version 4, but it will still be a small set (3) of precooked
formats: those which are available from the System.

I hope to expand this set in Version 5, but we have a lot of other
stuff to put in as well.

Paul J. Davis
Program Manager
Macintosh Word Processing